Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Barely 1 cup of coffee

Now this one is going to be about a day in my life.
Today I woke up around 8 a.m.
I'm not sure why that early, but I was to find out later.
It was a day that put me in full swing, and in a way kind of glad it kept me busy. I just
didn't like what it all entailed. My grandson Nicolas and my sister Connie's FAVORITE sister in law.(LOL!!)

I had barely gotten my first cup of coffee drank and had just made my 2 nd cup
when the phone rang. It was Lois, my mom's best friend and only friend, she asked for me.
When i said hello, I heard such panic and frieght in her voice that it got my attention.
She asked me if I could take her daughter to the hospital because she couldn't walk.
I stood there looking at my mother as I was asked that, I said sure just give me a few minutes and I'll be there.
I hung up and told mom that I had to get Tracy to the hospital, because she couldn't walk. Now those who KNOW Tracy
knows she does A LOT of things for attention. But it was what I heard in her Mother's voice.

We know this family very well for the fact that Tracy in married to my brother Mike(VERY LONG STORY- Horror at that)
Any way, I run up to the preschool get my daughter's car and get over to Lois's.
I got out of the car and noticed a truck on the side of the road and thinking "man what idiot parked their truck like that?" Tracy's brother Brian. I ran up to the porch and right to the door, but just as I was getting to the front
door I heard this horrible howling coming from inside.
I looked in the door and seen Tracy barely holding herself up with her mother's walker, her face all drawn up in sheer pain.

Now I'm not one that scares or spooks easily, but what I seen did Scare me. Tracy forced herself to move, but her legs did not want to follow, they were noresponsive to what needed to be done. I stood there and watched Tracy struggle with getting to the door. She thrust the walker out in front of her and dragged her legs up under her howling the whole time in pain.
As I stood there feeling about helpless because of what was happening to her, I watched as the moved inch by inch, legs being dragged like dead weight, or if she forced her legs to move she'd come close to passing out.
My thought? "oh lord, please don't pass out cause you are to big for me to catch, and your brother would just stand there"
We finally got her to the van and on our way to the hospital, once there I jumped out of the van ran in and got her a wheel chair, got her inside and she got her admittance taken care of while I parked the van.
She made the nurses, EMS, and a flabotimis work to find just 1 vein. they doped her up, took x-rays found nothing due to the swelling, brought her back, we waited, doped her up again and sent us on our way, by this time it was about 2:15 or 2:20 p.m.
I called my daughter to have her called the clinic and tell them I was going to be running a little late, she flipped out on me, and I couldn't yell back at her because we were at the hospital at that time.
My grandson Nicolas had been sick with the flu over the week end, got over it on monday and was ready to go back to school today, but in the middle of the night Nicolas woke up puking, ran to the bathroom puking and mommy and daddy scrambling in different directions.
He did this through the night all day today and to top it off had the poopies.
Bless his little heart. Well I got Tracy home, left her to climb the stairs pain free(almost) and got right over to my daughter's house . I got to their front door turned the door knob and bounced off the door.
It was locked. Why? Not sure.
Carlos opend it , let me in, fought with nicolas to get him dressed while I played with my Youngest grandson Carlos"Peanut"
by the time Nicolas was dressed, crying and fighting, I was ready to call it a day, but nope my day continued.
I get him to the Doctor's office(clinic) with 5 min to spare, get him checked in and went and waited.
He curled up on my lap and tried to sleep, the nurse came out, we went back and the fun began.

I wonder if I have any grey hairs after this day?

He fought being weighed, he fought letting his temp being taken, he SCREAMED when his ears got checked,
but what happend next made me want to run out the door with him tightly in my arms and wishing for ear plugs.
A flu culture was done on him, the boy had a death grip on me, but screaming for moma the whole time.
But when the nurse came back in and said Supository, he completly flipped and the wrestling match was on.
He said through the tears and the freight that he needed to go potty, I knew better, but took him any way just to try to calm him down, I got him calmed down and when he found we were going back into that room he went back to screaming and fighting again.
well I looked at the nurse and the doctor and siad lets get this done, because he isn't gonna calm down any time soon.
I gatherd Nicolas up held him close to me while the Nurse took down his pants and did her job.
As the supository was being inserted, Ilooked down at Nicolas and what I seen in his eyes nd the color of his beautiful blue hazle eyes upset me so much, I still feel bad.
That poor little guy had such horror in his eyes, that his eyes turned a very LIGHT GREEN before mine, i could see golden flecks of amber and thin Shreds of blue in them eys and the tears , on my lord the tears.
Finally get the medicine inserted and forced to hold his little butt cheeks closed while he held on to me screaming for momma.
Nicolas is much better now, eating, and smiling again. I guess I have been for given.
but just bearly getting one cup of coffee, in the morning in me ,makes for a VERY LONG DAY



No comments: