Saturday, April 19, 2008

shake your booty sandwhich

Ever been trapped between 2 horses that have been trained to do the booty dance?
I have and its a weird feeling to have happen because all one can think is please don't fart, pee or have the urge to lift the tail and poop while you got me pinned like this.
I love animals, always have and always will. They are some neat people. Yes, I said people because animals have their own personalities, Some even take on their owners personality. Some that are mainly around the humans close contact wise, think they are human.
any way I was working with the neighbor up the road out where I used to live last summer.
She has3 llamas, 4 horses, a black bear she raised from a cub, a kinkaju, 3 parrots, boo koo load of cats,
a turkey that got stuck with a females name when its a male,chickens, ducks,and 4 dogs.
I have been told by many people that I'm a natural when it comes to animals of all kinds,I tell them well don't say that because there is always going to be that one or two that won't want anything to do with me or will try to attack be cause they fear me or I am invading in their territory.
Either way its a catch 22 with animals.
These horses I'm writting about and their other 2 family members were all taught to do the shake your booty dance when they were all young colts. This former boss of mine gave me one of the greatest summers I've had in a long time.
Those who know me know I'd rather be working around animals and interacting with them than stuck inside some where.
I and Starlett were out in the feild alot that summer chasing down the llamas or checking the fence line, calling the vet for one reason or another to take good and proper care of these exotic animals.
I was standing outside the bears inner cage picking clover for him because he was wanting as much as he could get and waiting for Starlett to turn on the water so the animals could be waterd. I seen the horses coming up from the lower field and the dogs were all around my feet . I got BUDDY his clover and he was just as happy as he could be. Then I opend the jar of peanut butter for him and he was enjoying that to no end.
Bears have got a really long tounge and its like sand paper running across the skin. Starlett handed me the hose and changed places with me.
By this time all 4 horses were outside the outter cage of where Buddy was at and they all smelled the peanut butter. I opend it and Starlett had me give each one a good handful into their mouths, she told me just to scrape my hand along their teeth they are trained to be good while they get a goodie.
So they all got a good mouth full and if you think watching a cat or a dog try to eat a mouth full of peanut butter is funny then you are really missing out when a horse is eating it. Their heads turn every which way, their tounges flip in and out of their moth they like their teeth to get the goodie and make you think they are smiling at you or being silly. once you think they have eaten and got the peanut butter unstuck from the top of their mouths they go back to licking the teeth and each others mouths.
So I go back to talking to starlett and I 'm just standing there one of the horses moves to my left side and the other she was on my right, very well aware of wher they were I continued to talk and the next thing I know I got TUESDAY leaninging into my back almost sitting on me so I started to laugh and botty danced with her, While i was dancing with her SUNDAY backed up to my chest and started dancing with me that way . By this time I'm laughing so hard I had no room to panic and no need to. so I'm seeing myself as a horse booty sandwhich and all I could do at the time was dance with them and pat their hind quaters and laughing so hard I almost wet my shorts.Starlett is laughing so hard she sat on the ground and had her tom turkey resting in her lap.
Some how or another I managed to get out from between both horses and inside the cage with Starlett.
Buddy stood up on his hindquaters for more peanut butter and when I didn't give him any he hit the cage and caused me to laugh that much more.
He got his peanut butter after that and rubbed his head against my hand thanking me .
We finally started back up to the house there was PASSIONS and PRINCE waiting for us to hand out the grain. I went and got into the barrle for a scoop of grain , stood up and backed into Passions.
Starlett told me she was being protective over me while I got them their grain and was making the other horses wait.
We finally got to sit and rest a bit while the animals ate and drank While I had been drinking my tea Starlett went in and got one of the parrots. A beautiful blue amozon , she has them trainedto talk too.she had the bird say in a whisper I need to go poo poo. and would poop on command. I laughed. The next thing I know I got PASSIONS standing over head and starting to lower her muzzle and rubbed the side of my face. Starlett told me she was saying thank you and letting me know she loved me. While Passions was doing that Sunday came up and started nuzzling my hair yanking at my barrets because she didn't like tham in my hair. Needless to say I was shown just how much they have accepted me and how much trust they have in me.

No comments: