Sunday, April 26, 2009

Gardening Time!!!!

I LOVE this time of year. Or I should say its ONE of my favorite times of the year.
Why? Because I get to PLAY IN THE DIRT!!!!!!!!!!!
My daughter, her man friend and I planted some tomatoes today about 10 or 12 of them. Why so many? I have no idea. My daughter was the one who picked most of them and she planted just 2 pepper plants and we got some sweet onions planted to.

But what was funny was while her "Man friend " was digging up the spot to plant the garden he'd find a grub and have his fun.
Yup, you guessed it. He'd throw it at my daughter and make her squeal in disgust!!!!!!
The last one he threw at her landed on her leg and foot. Talk about a shimmying dance and an all out scream!!!! I laughed so hard it mad her a little mad. Even her boys were laughing because mommy was doing a funny dance so they tried to recreate her dance move, that was even funnier.
She went running into the house just trying to get the feel of the worm off her..
She went into the bathroom to see if she could get that feeling off. Don't know if it made a difference. She went back outside and helped him finish the spot.

We are waiting for the peas and green beans to come up now and some squash too. Next will be the cucmbers and carrots and potatoes.
Yup gonna try our hand at canning this fall and maybe try some jelly making as well.
Nicolas my oldest grandson who is 4 yrs old almost 5 went and looked at the grub, well next thing ya know he is squishing it in to the ground saying"look mom, I squished it." she got grossed out again. Well I told him to pick it up and give it to her, she looked at him and said "Don't you dare do it!"
He smiled , then laughed and started to bend over so mommy ran off.
I LOVE my grandsons!!!! My little parners in Am"Ma'S crimes LOL!!!!!
Later all going back outside.

1 comment:

Connie Clark said...

Yeah, I can't wait until all that training you've done with those boys backfires and you end up with a squishy thing in your bed! Great post!